Looking Forward - Zoolander 2 (2016)



If I had to write a definitive list of films I could watch over and over again then Zoolander would so be on it. As a film that doesn't take itself too seriously I loved the childish elements of it as a whole and Ben Stiller in the title role is both goofy and fun. When the news broke that Stiller was returning play that role in a second film however I was apprehensive. I am one of those people who is against sequels being made for the sake of it. When something is new, pure and pretty magical the first time, I just don't see the point in ruining it with a second rate version in order to cash in or whatever.

That said I am always prepared to be proved wrong and since the first film was released in 2001 maybe enough time has passed for the new film to stand by itself and be as brilliant as the first. There's a new writer for this script in the form of Justin Theroux to give it a fresh perspective and Stiller is firmly in the directing chair again so I'm sure he will take care of his baby.

I don't know much about the plot and the new teaser trailer doesn't give very much away but that goofiness I love so much seems to be still there. The film is said to set ten years after the first in Europe and follows Derek Zoolander and Hansel Owen Wilson (Wedding Crashers) who are modelling again. Will Ferrell is reprising his role as evil Mugatu so I'm sure they'll be some delicious high jinx afoot and Christine Taylor (Dodgeball) is also back as Matilda who was married to Zoolander (and Stiller in real life) at the end of the first film.

Also signed up and starring are Penelope Cruz (Blow), Kristen Wiig (Bridesmaids) and Fred Armisan (Anchorman) which are quite an interesting bunch. I look on with interpretation to how they will all fit in but more so the weird choices of Kanye West, Kim Kardashian and Bieber (who I presume are doing cameos) that I see in all the write ups.

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment